Whenever you get any message or alert, you get notified in the real-time on your Smartphone. You would be glad to know that you can also be notified on your desktop too. The moment you get a new email in your Gmail account, you will get the notification at the very real-time on your desktop. No matter you have opened Gmail or not; you will see the notification right there on the screen of your desktop or laptop. To activate the Gmail notifications you must have the Chrome browser installed on your desktop. However, a couple of browser extensions are also available which will work on the browsers rather than Google Chrome.
Follow the steps below to enable the Gmail notification.
- Log on to your Gmail account.
- Press the gear like icon and choose “Settings”
- Go to the Desktop Notification and choose “New mail notifications on”
- Click on the link “Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail”
- Press the “Allow” button on the popup screen.
- Restart the browser and you are done.
- You can also choose “important mail notifications on” in which Gmail will notify you when it thinks you will find this message as important. You can choose this option to prevent overload and the bombardment of the notifications again and again.
Now whenever you will get a new email in your Gmail account, you would see the notification just right-hand side bottom of the screen. You will be redirected to your Gmail account the moment you click on the incoming notification.
You can also install the “Gmail Notifier page” from the Chrome extensions store to enable the Gmail notification. You must ensure that the internet browser you are using must be updated with the latest updates available. The network connection should be fast and stable. You must check the configuration of the anti-virus installed on your system as the anti-virus program restrict the browser extensions. Due to which Gmail Notifier may not work properly. On the other hand, you must not enable this feature if the system you use normally is shared by other people as they can access the private emails if in the case you forget to sign-out completely from the browser.
To disable this feature, you need to remove the Gmail Notifier extension. On top of that, you will have to go to the settings once again and press “Mail Notifications off”
If you get any error or the “Notifier” isn’t working fine then, you must have a word with our certified Gmail customer support technicians for the complete solution to your Gmail account.