Are you bored of that clumsy username which has been stick to your Facebook profile since the beginning? It’s time for outrage, let’s go ahead and get rid of that lousy thing.
By choosing a unique username you can basically customize the web address for your profile. There are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind for a unique and custom username.
- You can’t claim a username that is being used by someone else already.
- You can only choose one username either for your Facebook profile or for the page.
- Your unique username can only contain alphabetic, numerical, or dot (.) any special character aren’t allowed to be a part of the Facebook username.
- You must choose a username that has at least 5 characters.
- Any extension like .net, .com or aren’t allowed at all.
- You must have the admin access to change a username for a specific page.
- If you have a new page, choosing a new username for it won’t be available for you immediately.
- If your page is inactive for a long time then it can be removed by Facebook.
- You must stick to the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. For a glimpse of it, you must log on to https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
Follow the steps below to change the username.
- Log on to FaceBook.com
- Sign-in using your credentials.
- Press the triangle-like icon on the top right-hand side of the webpage.
- Choose “Settings”
- Click on “Username”
- Enter the desired username and wait till it says “is available”
- Click on “Save changes”
- You are done.
On the other hand, you must change your Facebook password frequently or if in the case you can’t remember the password; you can reset it anytime. Follow the steps below to change the password.
- Log on to the http://www.Facebook.com
- Sign-in with the username and password.
- Press the triangle-like icon and choose “Settings”
- Press “Security and Login”
- Go to the Change password and press the “Edit” button.
- Type the current password first then type the new passwords.
- Click on “Save Changes”
- You are done.
If you don’t know the current password then you can reset it any time. If you are unable to change either the username or the password of your Facebook account then you must consult our dedicated certified experts on our Facebook support toll-free number for the quick response and the instant resolution.