If you experiencing a problem with the synchronization of your Google account, especially Gmail, on your Android, you are more likely to see a message notifying “Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly”. Generally, such sync issues are temporary and get resolved automatically within a couple of minutes. However, if you are experiencing this issue quite frequently with your Gmail account, you can follow the below-mentioned workarounds.
Guide to Fix Syncing Issue in Gmail
- On your Android device, you will need to go to the Settings section. For this, you will need to tap on the Settings app icon.
- Once you are on the Settings section of your device, you will need to located and tap on the Account option. You will be directed to the next screen where you will see the list of accounts associated with your device.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the Gmail account with which you are facing a problem.
- Next, you will need to tap on the Account sync option.
- Then, you will need to tap on the More (three vertical dots). After that, tap on the Sync now option. Your device will be synced and the issue will be resolved.
However, if the problem still persists, you will need to follow the common sync solutions. However, it is strongly recommended to manually sync your account to check if the problem is resolved or not.
Check that Auto-Sync is On: If you wish to make the synchronization function automatically, make sure to keep auto-sync enabled.
Make Sure that Your Internet Connection Works: In order to make the sync function smoothly, you must ensure that your internet connection is functioning properly.
Check Whether You Are Having Account Issues: In order to make sync work, you must ensure that you are able to sign in to your Google Account.
Check for Android Updates: Sometimes system updates also help in fixing issues in the device. So, make sure that your system is running with the latest version.
Remove & Re-Add Your Account: Sometimes re-adding your account also clears the sync issues. So, try removing and re-adding your Gmail account to your device.
Force Sync your Account: You can also try force syncing your account by manually resetting your time settings. For this:
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap System And then Date & time.
- Turn off Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.
- Manually change the date and time so that both are wrong.
- Tap Home Home. If you don’t see Home, tap Home.
- Open your device’s Settings app And then System And then Date & time again.
- Manually change the date and time so that both are right again.
- Turn on automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to fix the syncing issue in your Gmail account.