Instead of adding each email address or contact manually in your Gmail account to send emails, you can consider creating a group, also known as an email list. With an email list, you can easily send an email to multiple recipients just by entering the name of the email list in the “To” field of your email composition box in your Gmail account. To know how to create an Email list in Gmail, follow the instructions provided below.
GUIDE TO CREATE AN EMAIL LIST IN GMAIL
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to the Google Contacts Make sure that you are logged into your Gmail account.
- Once you are on the Google Contacts page, you will need to click on the Create label option under the Labels section located in the left-hand side panel.
- Clicking on the Create Label option will open a small box on your screen where you will need to enter a suitable title for the Email List. After entering a suitable name in the provided field, you will need to click on the Save You will see the newly created label appearing under the Labels section.
- Now, once you have created the label, you will need to go to the Google Contacts page and do the following:
- To Add a Single Contact: Select the checkbox next to the contact you wish to add.
- To Add Multiple Contacts: Select the checkboxes next to all the contacts you wish to add.
- To Add All the Contacts: Select the checkbox next to any contact and then select the down arrow icon located near the top-left corner. You will see two options in the drop-down menu – All and None. Here, you will need to select the All option to select all the contacts.
- Once you are done selecting the desired contacts, you will need to click on the Manage labels option located at the top. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen where you will find the label you created earlier.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Label you created and then press the Apply The selected contacts will be labeled under the label you selected.
NOTE: In case you have multiple email addresses added for contact, only the default email address will be added to the label group.
To Use Email List in Gmail
Now once you have created an Email list and have added desired contacts to it, you can send an email to this list by following the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the Gmail sign-in page.
- Enter your login credentials in the provided fields to sign in to your Gmail account.
- Once you are logged into your Gmail account, you will need to click on the Compose button located near the top-left corner of the page. This will open the email composition box on your screen.
- In the composition box, you will need to type the name of the email list you created earlier in the “To” field. As you will begin typing the name of the email list, you will be shown the auto-suggestion list. You can select your email list from it. Doing so will add the email address of the contact included in the email list to the “To” field.
- Similarly, you will need to enter a suitable subject in the Subject field and message in the message body. Then, simply click on the Send button to send your email to the recipients you added to the email list.
To Remove Contacts From the Email List
If you wish to remove contacts from the email list ever, you can do so easily by following the instructions provided below.
- On your computer web browser, go to the Google Contacts
- Next, you will need to click on a group name located on the left-hand side.
- Then, you will need to select the contacts you wish to remove by selecting the checkbox next to them.
- After selecting the contacts, you will need to click on the Label
- Then, simply Uncheck the group name, and you are done.
To Edit or Delete a Group
If you ever wish to edit or delete an email list in your Google account, you can do so easily by following the instructions provided below.
- On your computer web browser, open the Google Contacts page.
- Next, you will need to go to the Labels section located on the left-hand side and point to the email list you wish to edit or delete.
- After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the action you wish to take.
So, now as you know how to create an email list in your Gmail account, you can easily create one for your Gmail account to send emails to multiple recipients easily.